- RetroChallenge 2018/09 commences 1st September 2018 and runs until 30th September 2018.
- In order to qualify, computer systems must by approximately 10 years old (or older!) however exceptions will always be made for exotica!
- Gaming consoles and PDAs qualify if they were made in the previous century. Microcontrollers (typically 8-bit) qualify under similar conditions.
- Where appropriate, replica hardware and emulators may be used.
- Entrants are responsible for adequately documenting their projects and submitting occasional updates during the contest. (The standard is a blog with posts between daily and weekly or so...)
- Projects may encompass any aspect of retro-computing that tickles the fancy of the individual entrant.
- Winners will be carefully selected and adulation bestowed.
- Have fun!
WinningSeriously, participating in RetroChallenge is it's own reward. No, I really mean it! Stop laughing...
OK, so usually there are some prizes. These tokens are awarded based on a combination of availability (i.e. donations) and the fickle whims of our judges, whomever they may be for a given event. If you are proclaimed a winner, then be happy. If not, then better luck next time. You get what you get, and you don't pitch a fit! :-)